Sunday, 20 October 2013

Review / Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation





In my Beauty Wish List post this month I grumbled a bit about Max Factor. If you haven't read the post , firstly - why not? haha and secondly I should inform you that the grumble wasn't a dig at Max Factor as a brand, it was just expressing my disappointment due to the fact that they discontinued the only foundation that matches my skin tone. The foundation that they discontinued was their Xperience Foundation in Light Ivory. I bought this foundation over and over again, I was the definition of a loyal customer, I never broke out of my comfort zone to try new foundations. This was partly because I couldn't be bothered to waste money for the sake of possibly finding another foundation that may/may not match my skin tone and partly because I was fed up of experimenting with makeup and wasting money! I was reliant completely on my Xperience Foundation, I never go a day without makeup so this foundation was basically my skin. Therefore, when I went to re-purchase my Xperience foundation and was then informed that they'd discontinued it, I was not a happy chap. In fact, I ranted to myself for several minutes/hours/days. I was forced to experiment with foundation once more. This was not a good place for me to be in as my skin refuses most foundations. I have quite a pale complexion making it virtually impossible to find a foundation that is light enough to match my skin. However, when I was in the Max Factor section in my local Boots, I spotted that Max Factor had released a new foundation. Had my prayers been answered?
  A few days ago I purchased Max Factor's newly released foundation - Whipped Creme. To start, I wasn't too thrilled about the price tag. The pot contains 18ml of foundation and is priced at £9.99 which is a little pricey for the little product you receive. However, the foundation was on offer and was reduced to £7.99, this made the price a little more bearable, so I bought it. I've now been using it for a few days and I am more than impressed. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that this foundation is even better than my beloved Xperience Foundation that I used for a few years. I'll start with addressing the whole 'whipped creme' aspect. The 'whipped creme' title did spark up intrigue and curiosity, I really didn't know what to expect. I was a little worried that the foundation would be too thick and would resist any powders/blushers that I usually put on top of my base foundation. I was pleased to find that the foundation really wasn't thick once applied. Although it appears in the pot as thick, as soon as you dap your finger/brush into it, the texture is light and slightly airy. I also found that a little goes a long way, which considering the tiny size of the pot was a good discovery!
   I initially wasn't too keen on the foundation being in a pot and having to dab in a finger/brush every time I used the foundation, however, I've found the pot has been an advantage. Compared to a tube, you have the control over how much product you want to use. My classic mistake when applying my foundation was squeezing out, accidentally, too much product, resulting in most of it going down the drain unused. The joy of the foundation being in a pot is that any unused product that you are left with on your foundation brush, you can just pop back in the pot! The foundation has also claimed to have a hydrating effect, addressing the issue of drying foundations. I didn't have any problems with my Xperience foundation as far as my skin's hydration was concerned, but Max Factor nevertheless has produced this 'hydrating' formula. I can't say that I've really noticed that my skin is overly hydrated after using it but it's definitely not dry after a full day of wear! The consistency and finish of the foundation, once on your skin, is slightly matte but also has a youthful glow to it. The idea that Max Factor had when developing this foundation was to create a demi-matte effect. The matte appearance is very on trend at the moment and I think it's fantastic how this foundation gives you a matte appearance without making your skin look dead/bland - it gives you an alive look which is all anyone could hope for at the end of the day!
  I've actually found this foundation to be quite similar to the Xperience foundation, although this foundation has more of a matte look than Xperience's, and the colour is practically identical (which, I was very, very happy about!). Max Factor's Light Ivory shade is practically an identical match to my skin tone, so, for all of my pale chums reading this, take note because this could be the shade for you! The coverage of the foundation is also fantastic and it hides every single blemish/patch of redness on my face. As far as the smell of this foundation goes it doesn't really have an over-powering smell as such. If I had to describe the smell to you I would probably describe it as having a sort of play dough smell. That sounds disgusting but it's really not as bad as I've just described it, as it just has a subtle under-tone smell of play dough - give it a sniff and you'll know what I mean.
  Overall I was chuffed with this foundation and I would highly recommend it to those of you on the look out for a good foundation, or for those of you who are desperately trying to find replacement foundations from ones that have been discontinued! Lastly, a massive thank you to Max Factor, you've not failed to please me yet!

Click the store to buy Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation at Boots (£7.99) / Superdrug (£7.99)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig