Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Spring Outfit Ideas

Now that it's half term - praise the lord - I am actually dedicating most of my time to getting back up to speed with my blogging. Not only will this significantly improve my mood due to doing what I love - writing and talking about fashion and beauty stuff, but hopefully it will also give you something to do during your half term break (if you're lucky enough to have one that is!).
  A little earlier in the year I said that I was on a 'no spending' January..well, January is now over and while I managed to save a nice wad of cash in the month of January as I stuck to my no spending mindset, as February neared and my birthday came and went (I'm now seventeen btw - hooray), my money pile grew…and so did the Spring/Summer stock in my nearby high street stores…Arg, the frustration, but yes, I spent my money and no, I don't really care, because I now have a wardrobe full of glorious new, current clothes that will serve me well in the upcoming Spring… I am a little gutted I couldn't resist the urge to spend though..
  I also said back in January that I was going to be steering clear of any wish lists because I was refraining from looking on sites to avoid torturing myself. Well, now that I'm officially the world's biggest spender once more, I have been constantly browsing online high street stores and making the occasional purchase here and there..so, inevitably there is a wish list. However, I've decided to make my fashion wish lists into Spring outfit ideas. Here are some of the things that I want in my wardrobe asap..


1. River Island Pink Zip Base Tote Bag £45 / 2. River Island Cream Floral Burnout Swing Top £25 / 3. Urban Outfitters Marlo Sunglasses in Champagne £16 / 4. Missguided Holly Suede Snakeskin Sandals in Coral Blue £40 

I really love this Spring outfit - every item would be a lovely addition to any Spring wardrobe. The pastel colours really portray the essence of Spring and its lighter and brighter colour palette! The Holly Suede Snakeskin Sandals add a contrast of a harsher colour and are striking for casual or 'going out' wear. (I have to admit I was slightly tempted by the name - it being 'Holly' I sort of saw it as my destiny that I should buy them as soon as a nice hefty pay check comes through..). The sunglasses are a must for the unexpected, dazzling sun that may decide to make its appearance - you must be prepared. The champagne, see-through colour will make it a versatile accessory which you can pair with any Spring outfit!


1. Boohoo Lauren Ankle Strap Perspex Heel £30 / 2. Zara 5 Pocket Printer Trousers £25.99 / 3. Missguided Graca Cropped Scuba Sweatshirt in Lilac £14.99 

Floral prints are a must-have for any Spring wardrobe - which is why I love these Zara patterned trousers a lot! Keep it sophisticated and simplistic, letting the busy florals do all the talking by pairing them with a pair of gorgeous Perspex Heels, keeping the colour palette white in order that your legs aren't too dazzling and busy through too much colour. The subtle lilac Sweatshirt adds a nice colour contrast, keeping in with Spring's brighter colour palette.



I love this outfit idea because it's so full of sophistication and class. I kept the colour palette mostly pristine and pure with the overruling white but injected blocks of colour with the Zara skirt and Cobalt Colour Block heels from Missguided. I designed the idea around the Abstract Print Waterfall Jacket because I simply adored it - eye-catching and a perfect statement piece, I wanted an outfit that would say 'look at me' while keeping it cool and tamed. I loved the addition of the backpack because it gives the outfit an extra edge, making it urban-chic and perfect day-to-day wear. 

1. Miss Selfridge Rania Metallic Heel Flat £17.00 / 2. River Island Green Floral Wrap Front Belted Playsuit £45 / 3. New Look Black Leather-Look Aztec Biker Jacket £44.99 / 4. Boohoo Melissa Envelope Front Structured Day Bag £30

I like the way that this outfit can be worn in the day or night - all you need to dress it up for night life is a pair of statement, high-heels and a stack of bangles on your arms! By swapping high heels for a pair of classic flats and giving it a dressed-down vibe with the addition of a Biker Jacket - this outfit is a perfect 'go-to' number. This outfit is easy but stylish, sporting one of my all time favourite S/S14 trends - floral prints!





I'm a typical case of being a 'girly girl' so naturally I couldn't resist a 'pretty'n pink' theme here. I absolutely love each and every item on this outfit idea collage. My favourite fashion comeback of all time has got to be the jelly sandals. As a child you wouldn't see me without my pair of jelly sandals - I thought that I was the best dressed child on the block with my fluorescent, glittery jelly sandal number. They were comfy and the essence of a childhood summer for me. As a result, when jelly sandals came back as an acceptable choice of footwear for those of us over the age of 5, I was overjoyed. This outfit is an example of true nostalgia for me. Dressed in pink at every possible given opportunity, I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and keep it pink and child friendly with the addition of a rainbow print - fun and cool if you ask me. I added a touch of sophistication with this fashion-forward, colour block midi skirt from Missguided, which is perfect for pretty much any S/S14 outfit with its pastel colouring. 


I have wanted a pair of dungarees since I was 4 years old - I still haven't ever owned a pair…While I sob and cry at the lack of a dungaree presence in my life, I continue to fantasise about it by creating appealing collages of outfits that I can't afford - oh the perks of fashion blogging. I love this outfit because it is casual but dressy all in one. The Chia Strap Sandals dress the outfit up appropriately giving it edge with colour blocking and also Spring chic. While dungarees were once used by workers as clothes designed to get mucky, these dungarees are certainly not to be seen anywhere near a car engine! I added the Sheer Panel Shirt to keep the outfit 'dressy-casual', not dressing it down too much with a sweatshirt or jumper, but keeping it suitable for a lunch date or a stroll around a park. These cool sunglasses will also keep you looking fashion-forward and they are super, super awesome. Accessorising with a cute and dainty Cross Body Bag, I added another simple but effective injection of colour.



If you're not a massive fan of the pastel colours, darken up your Spring wardrobe with a chunky, lace up boot and Black Ponte Skort like these! If Spring's typical dainty and cute nature really isn't for you, grunge your look up with statement, stack rings and heavy accessorising. Dress a Skort down with a casual knit jumper like above.


This Spring outfit has an exotic vibe and is head-to-toe in patterns - a major aspect of S/S14. If you like a more subtle colour palette than Spring's brighter colours - this is the outfit for you. Although you've toned down the eye-catching colour blocking, you've kept your outfit attention seeking through use of heavy patterning. Although this outfit isn't my style, it's perfect for a 'thrift' vibe and 'old school' throwback while still being on trend. 

1. River Island Yellow Textured Jersey Peplum Jacket £40 /  2. Miss Selfridge Mint 90s Square Crop Top £8.00 / 3. Topshop Novice Chunky Buckle Sandals £52 /  4. Miss Selfridge Turq Stone Ring £5.00 / 5. Topshop Stitch Cigarette Trouser £30 

Blue is one of my favourite colours, as well as green, and they're mostly the colours that you'll see me trotting around in. Therefore, it's a no brainer that I would accidentally and unintentionally choose clothes that are mainly these colours and it seems I've done it again and ended up with a mostly blue ensemble here. However, breaking up the blue monotone theme going on here, is a bright Peplum yellow Jacket that I've kind of fallen in love with. Spring is all about daffodils where I'm from - they're happy, tall, proud, yellow flowers that bloom and when they do make their grand appearance - you know Spring has arrived. This is partly why I love this statement Peplum jacket, it brings another dimension to any outfit - it's bold and daring and will definitely fit in well with Spring wardrobe! Make sure you break up colours with an injection of an alternative colour like this jacket - head-to-toe in one colour can very rarely be pulled off correctly - it often looks a little bland and boring. Liven up an outfit with accessories, shoes or, better still - this Peplum Jacket!


Share:

2 comments

  1. I love the scalloped bag and green jumpsuit. Great picks and I love how you put outfits together xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi babes, I went to college with your sister and blog also. Love your site! Congrats on the Company Award :)

    Sophie x

    http://your-girl-is-lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig