1. Topshop Black Bralet Bodycon Dress £39 / 2. Missguided Victoria Contrast Strappy Sandals In Black £27.99 / 3. River Island Black Brushed Lace Skater Dress £35 / 4. Missguided Barbie Heeled Sandals with Blocked Perspex Detail £34.99 / 5. Missguided Shilin Mesh Panel Strappy Midi Dress in Black £25 / 6. River Island Black Drape Front Belted Dress £35 / 7. OhMyLoveLondon.com Free Fall Black Frill Camisole Dress £35
1. Topshop Black Bralet Bodycon Dress - This little black dress is really cute and simple but is a versatile and fun black dress. A black dress is a staple for any wardrobe, according to Coco Chanel - what better advice can a girl get than that of Chanel? I love this Bralet Bodycon Dress because it's sophisticated but fun with the cut-out detailing!
2. Missguided Victoria Contrast Strappy Sandals In Black - These shoes are a perfect addition for any party outfit. Their monochrome colours can be paired with almost anything. They're subtle and dainty and won't detract from any outfit - simply being the perfect companion for your party look!
3. River Island Black Brushed Lace Skater Dress - This black dress is perfect for parties and formal wear. The lace detailing gives the dress a bit of a contrasting feature and the flared nature of this skater dress adds a little bit of flirtation without you having to do any of the work!
4. Missguided Barbie Heeled Sandals with Blocked Perspex Detail - I get very distracted by the names of products and I'll put my hands up and say that these gorgeous heels sold themselves even more to me with them being called 'Barbie' heels - sad but true. I love these heels because I adore perspex detailing on shoes. I think perspex is fun and edgy and would make these heels a perfect accessory for any party outfit.
5. Missguided Shilin Mesh Panel Strappy Midi Dress in Black - This dress is one of my favourite picks - I love it. Mesh panel is eye-catching and edgy, making what is essentially a simple black dress edgy and unique.
6. River Island Black Drape Front Belted Dress - Words that describe this dress? Effortless sophistication.
7. OhMyLoveLondon.com Free Fall Black Frill Camisole Dress - Introduced to OhMyLoveLondon.com in Company magazine's latest issue, I have sort of fallen in love with the site. (If you haven't already checked it out - do it! The site is full of some cool, affordable fashion pieces.) I love this Black Frill Camisole Dress because it's 'casual-dressy'. How can something be 'casual-dressy'? Simple, the Frill Camisole detailing on this dress gives the impression of a relaxed, 'I just threw this on' vibe but in actual fact you are wearing a 'dress', hence you are dressy. Make this outfit even more formal by adding statement accessories - a statement necklace, clutch or shoes. This outfit is versatile for daytime-night time wear.
1. Topshop Lux Strappy Jumpsuit £48 / 2. Missguided Keiko Floral Jumpsuit £38.99 / 3. Topshop Lux Pal Jumpsuit £69 / 4. Boohoo Natalia Strappy Cami Jumpsuit £25 / 5. Missguided Latta Wrap Jumpsuit with Tie Waist in Coral £24.99 / 6. Topshop Nude Sequin Top Wide Leg Jumpsuit by Rare £55
1. Topshop Lux Strappy Jumpsuit - This jumpsuit is a simple but cool party piece - a sure investment for any S/S14 wardrobe because it's super versatile and easily adapted to daytime or nightime wear. This jumpsuit would be perfect paired with the Topshop heels featured below (Topshop Glory White High Court Shoes £58 ). Colour blocking is sure to attract attention so the addition of these Glory White High Court Shoes will ensure you make an entrance. Dress up this jumpsuit even more with the addition of stacked bracelets to dress up the bare areas of your body, in this case - your arms.
2. Missguided Keiko Floral Jumpsuit - Florals are HUGE this S/S14 so this jumpsuit is not only an investment for the party section of your wardrobe but will also serve you well in day-to-day situs! The black background canvas is spot-on the floral trend with the vibe of florals in 'midnight'.
3. Topshop Lux Pal Jumpsuit - Not the most obvious party outfit but sometimes less is more. This jumpsuit is primarily a day-time outfit investment but that doesn't mean you can't transfer it into the night! This jumpsuit is easily dressed up with statement heels, like the Missguided heels I've mentioned below (Missguided Augustina Metallic Platform Sandals). The simple addition of these sandals will make your outfit a thousand times more striking, then dress up your fingers with some silver midi rings and stud earrings and you'll be ready for the night!
4. Boohoo Natalia Strappy Cami Jumpsuit - Similar to the Topshop Lux Strappy Jumpsuit this jumpsuit is simple but great for colour blocking. Pair it with a colour clutch to add some more colour splash into your outfit, making it vibrant and fun for the night!
5. Missguided Latta Wrap Jumpsuit with Tie Waist in Coral - Colour block, colour block, colour block - guess I just love a bit of colour block! This Tie Waist Jumpsuit is yet again versatile for daytime or night time wear. Pair it with a statement choker necklace and a bold clutch and your accessories will do the majority of the talking - your Jumpsuit will just be the icing on the cake.
6. Topshop Nude Sequin Top Wide Leg Jumpsuit by Rare - If you want to sparkle and shimmer into the night then this is the Jumpsuit for you! Although embedded with embellishment, this wide leg jumpsuit isn't too over the top because the colour is subtle and is more of a wash than an 'in your face' bold, statement colour.
1. Mango Beaded Sequin Dress £119.99 / 2. Miss Selfridge Chain Halter Maxi Dress £55 / 3. ASOS Elise Ryan Maxi Dress with Lace Scallop Back £52 / 4. River Island White Ruffle Peplum Pencil Dress £50 / 5. Boohoo Lola Glitter Sole Extreme Platform £20 / 6. Missguided Metallic Bodycon Dress £29.99
1. Mango Beaded Sequin Dress - This Mango Sequin Dress is perfect for a more formal occasion. Sophisticated yet with an injection of fun with the head-to-toe sequins, this outfit is worth the heftier price tag.
2. Miss Selfridge Chain Halter Maxi Dress - This Chain Halter Maxi Dress is simple yet gives you every sense that you've spent ages picking out the perfect thing to wear. This dress is quite 'ball gown-esque' and it would be perfect formal wear for pretty much any occasion - a maxi tends to lean towards more formal wear and black is simplistic, tame but a bold statement at the same time!
3. ASOS Elise Ryan Maxi Dress with Lace Scallop Back - I think this dress is pretty and delicate and is the essence of Spring with its pastel colouring.
4. River Island White Ruffle Peplum Pencil Dress - This White Ruffle Peplum Dress is quite 'Kardashian' style and perfect for those of you who want to emphasise curves and complement them in the best way possible. This pencil dress will draw attention to those hip curves and with the addition of the Ruffle along the waist and shoulder pads, attention is drawn to all areas of your outfit and body (oo cheeky).
5. Boohoo Lola Glitter Sole Extreme Platform - Nude heels are a bit of a staple for any wardrobe but I especially love these heels because I think their Glitter sole is super, super cute. Not immediately noticeable but definitely cause for a smile and admiration when people notice that you're walking on glitter!
6. Missguided Metallic Bodycon Dress - Metallic, another of S/S14's trends. This is a fun option for any formal occasion! Be sure not to overdo it with accessorising because the dress is already quite detailed and eye-catching - don't go over the top!
1. ASOS Jumpsuit With Contrast Bow Back £55 / 2. New Look Black Mesh Belted Jumpsuit £27.99 / 3. River Island Black Mesh Neck Belted Jumpsuit £45 / 4. ASOS John Zack Jumpsuit in Monochrome £38 / 5. Topshop Sheer Panel Jumpsuit £60
Black jumpsuits are perfect if you want an outfit that you can wear a thousand times - seriously, a black outfit looks different depending on how you accessorise and do your makeup/hair. With first hand experience on how a black jumpsuit outfit can be a good investment, I decided to dedicate an Outfit Idea Collage on my favourite black jumpsuits - here they are!
1. ASOS Jumpsuit With Contrast Bow Back - I ADORE this jumpsuit, in fact, let me re-phrase - I'm in love. This outfit is ridiculously cute and playful. From the front it's fairly simplistic with subtle detailing at the chest but the back detailing with the addition of the oversized, colour contrast bow just makes the outfit to-die-for. ASOS has done it once again - well done guys.
2. New Look Black Mesh Belted Jumpsuit - Versatile and already accessorised with the slimline belt and detailed with the mesh effect, now all you need to do is pair it with a white clutch for a slight colour splash and some subtle heels!
3. River Island Black Mesh Neck Belted Jumpsuit - This jumpsuit is a perfect example of how black jumpsuits can literally magically transfer into any outfit you please. This jumpsuit is practically ready-to-wear, already accessorised with this belt. However, simply take off the belt for a daytime look or dress it up further with a choker, statement necklace or bold heels. If you want your outfit to be even more of a statement add a patterned bomber jacket to add patterns into the mix!
4. ASOS John Zack Jumpsuit in Monochrome - I love the simplicity of this monochrome outfit but I love it even more because monochrome is one of Spring/Summer's major trends - this outfit is basically a win-win!
5. Topshop Sheer Panel Jumpsuit -A perfect example of how Sheer Panelling can complete an outfit, give it edge and make it look chic. This outfit would barely need accessorising just a 'knock 'em dead' pair of statement heels.
1. Boohoo Lara Sweetheart Skater Dress £20 / 2. Missguided Lilyana Peplum Mini Dress £19.99 / 3. River Island Coral Geometric Print Pointed Court Shoes £50 / 4. Boohoo Josie Scalloped Detail Skater Dress £25 / 5. H&M Sleeveless Dress £29.99 / 6. Forever 21 Cutout Craze Bodycon Dress £14.75
1. Boohoo Lara Sweetheart Skater Dress - This Lara Sweetheart dress from Boohoo is a perfect party dress for an evening garden party. Vibrant and pastel coloured, this dress would be a perfect dress for evening wear and for daytime wear. I love this dress because it is quite doll-like and petite in its fit.
2. Missguided Lilyana Peplum Mini Dress - I love this Lilyana Peplum Mini Dress because the peplum detailing gives your outfit an element of flirtation and fun. The mint colouring is also perfect for any Spring/Summer outfit because it's bright and vibrant.
3. River Island Coral Geometric Print Pointed Court Shoes - One of the reasons that I love Spring and Summer collections is because of the return of pastel colours. Practically every Spring/Summer pastels will make their comeback and each time they'll make a comeback of a different kind. I love the shoes because they combine geometric patterning and pastel colours and as a result you have these dynamic, bold, statement shoes that will partner well with practically any outfit.
4. Boohoo Josie Scalloped Detail Skater Dress - This Scalloped Detail Dress is one of my favourites because the Scalloped Detail creates a contrast. This outfit is perfect if you want a simple pastel outfit that you can dress up with accessories. Pair it with heels or statement jewellery.
5. H&M Sleeveless Dress - This Sleeveless Dress is a colour statement - be bold and brave with this outfit choice!
6. Forever 21 Cutout Craze Bodycon Dress - I love this Cutout Craze Dress because the cutout detailing means that you can let your outfit do most of the talking! This outfit is a subtle statement but is bold and daring with the Cutout detail.
1. House of Fraser Biba Metallic Lurex Maxi Dress £169 / 2. OhMyLoveLondon.com Dancing Queen Black Sequin Sleeveless Dress £49 / 3. Lipsy Kardashian Halter Pencil Dress £85 / 4. Topshop 60s Lift Shift Dress £55 / 5. ASOS V Bar Clutch Bag £18 / 6. Topshop Two Tone Bonded Skater Dress £75
1. House of Fraser Biba Metallic Lurex Maxi Dress - This dress is gorgeous and is perfect for formal wear or if you just want to make a statement. The metallic detail will also mean that you're right on trend because metallics are all the rage this S/S14. This dress would need minimal accessories and a pair of subtle heels.
2. OhMyLoveLondon.com Dancing Queen Black Sequin Sleeveless Dress - Another example of my new love for website OhMyLoveLondon.com which is where I found this statement black dress. This dress is perfect for any evening wear and is a statement because you'll be glistening from head-to-toe.
3. Lipsy Kardashian Halter Pencil Dress - I love this Kardashian Halter Pencil Dress and although it's not a massive bold statement, this dress is a statement through the monochrome colour blocking and the lace detailing. Keep accessories simple because this dress is busy and bold - don't go over the top!
4. Topshop 60s Lift Shift Dress - This 60's Lift Shift Dress could be worn in daytime or night time. Dress it up with some statement heels and some subtle accessorising.
5. ASOS V Bar Clutch Bag - This V Bar Clutch Bag is super versatile for any outfit - when people say that black goes with everything, they're not wrong! This clutch bag is dynamic and edgy with the V Bar cutout.
6. Topshop Two Tone Bonded Skater Dress - You'll either love or hate this dress, but its combined two toned metallic effect creates a perfect statement outfit.
1. Missguided Augustina Metallic Platform Sandals £32.99 / 2. H&M Court Shoes £24.99 / 3. Boohoo Bianca Plaque Ankle Strap Peep Toe Heels £25 / 4. OhMyLoveLondon.com Feeling Fresh Mint Platform Sandals £40 / 5. River Island Gold Double Strap Barely There Sandals £45 / 6. River Island Light Orange Toe Cap Pointed Court Shoes £50 / 7. Topshop Shelly Pink Cutout Platform £60 / 8. Topshop Glory White High Court Shoes £58
1. Missguided Augustina Metallic Platform Sandals - These Metallic Platform Sandals are a great statement for any outfit. I love the Metallic detailing because metallics are really big this S/S14 - these shoes will certainly be an investment.
2. H&M Court Shoes - Don't be put off with the title of these 'court' shoes. Every wardrobe should have a staple pair of black shoes. These H&M shoes will be really versatile and their slight heel will mean that your feet won't be in complete agony at the end of the night.
3. Boohoo Bianca Plaque Ankle Strap Peep Toe Heels - These Bianca Plaque Strap Peep Toe Heels will brighten up a subtler outfit and turn an understated outfit into a bold statement that will get heads turning. These Peep Toe Heels would be perfect for any black colour schemed outfit, making it lively and fun.
4. OhMyLoveLondon.com Feeling Fresh Mint Platform Sandals - These Mint Platform Sandals are made fabulous with the addition of the perspex block heel. I LOVE perspex block heels because they're edgy and fun. I also love OhMyLoveLondon.com if you haven't already realised…
5. River Island Gold Double Strap Barely There Sandals - These River Island Gold Double Strap Sandals are dainty and a perfect partner for most party outfits.
6. River Island Light Orange Toe Cap Pointed Court Shoes - These Orange Toe Cap shoes are bold and fun. I love the shoes because you could easily wear them in the daytime or the night time. These shoes would be perfectly partnered with the Cutout dress I mentioned above - colour blocking at its best!
7. Topshop Shelly Pink Cutout Platform - If you want a bold daytime outfit, these are the heels for you. If you want a fun, versatile pair of night time heels - again, these are the heels for you. Pastel heels will be easily adapted to any S/S14 outfit, whether you want to soften your gothic look or emphasise your pastel approach to your outfit - either way, these heels will serve you well!
8. Topshop Glory White High Court Shoes - I love these heels for their simplicity, they will literally go with absolutely anything. These heels will be a classic addition to your wardrobe and their smaller-than-average heel size will mean that you could trot around in them in the daytime as well as night!
Have fun partying!