Saturday, 5 April 2014

Review / Rihanna Viva Glam MAC





Flicking through the countless fashion magazines that I have piled up on my desk, I noticed a reoccurring pattern, nearly all of them featured Rihanna, displaying her posing for this year's Viva Glam. Last year Nicki Minaj was the face of MAC's Viva Glam collection and although it was awesome the purple and pink themed collection wasn't really up my street so I gave it a miss. This year has delighted me, however. Rihanna's Viva Glam collection is bold, fun and totally irresistible. I physically couldn't walk out of the store without purchasing the products - usually the case, but this time it goes to a worthy cause at least. MAC's Viva Glam was set up to help people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Rihanna poses for this year's Viva Glam to help the lives of those who need support - your purchases will all help as proceeds go towards the cause. The lipstick is priced at £15 and the lip glass is £14 - you can buy them by clicking here. 
  I absolutely LOVE these shades. I'll start with the lipstick...I am a big fan of red lipsticks, lipsticks in general in fact - I adopt a couple each month. With this in mind, I obviously loved Rihanna's Viva Glam lipstick - bold and definitely fierce. The lipstick doesn't have a particular scent, unlike some lipsticks (for example, my Estee Lauder lipstick smells of Parma Violet sweets). The texture of the lipstick is 'frost' which basically means that it has a hint of gleam and shimmer to its finish. It's really moisturising and not at all drying on the lips. Overall it's pretty long-wearing but like all lipsticks it eventually fades, so a top-up here and there is essential for keeping the boldness. The pigmentation of the lipstick is dramatic and it's definitely not a subtle shade - is red ever subtle? The lip glass similarly is pretty bold but is far more subtle than the lipstick. The two paired together are amazing if you want an even bolder lip with even more sparkle and shimmer. The lip glass, as you can see from the picture of the swatch above, has sparkle and gleam and similarly its texture is labelled as 'frost'. The gloss has a hint of vanilla in its smell, which is always pleasing - right? Once applied onto your lips the gloss isn't overly tacky or sticky like some glosses and the name 'lip glass' suits it to a T because it has a transparent, 'glassy' gleam and shimmer.

I'm super pleased with my purchases and think that MAC's Viva Glam is awesome. Why? Well, you're not only making superb investments with your money, you're putting your pennies towards beauty and helping those with HIV/AIDS - it's a win-win situation with absolutely no guilt for splurging on makeup whatsoever.

Have you brought Rihanna's Viva Glam products? If not - why not? You'll love them - promise.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig