Sunday, 17 August 2014

Mini High Street Beauty Haul






Every now and then I love to have a big clear out. I often clear out my clothes, getting rid of any unwanted items taking up very valuable wardrobe space. I'll often clear out books, DVD's, files or stationary - you name it and I've probably cleared it out at some point! I guess you could say that I'm very anti-clutter and am conscious that the stuff that surrounds me is stuff that I love and use frequently - if not, it's off to the charity shop in a blink of an eye! However, one thing that I've never really cleared out is my makeup. Of course, I'll replace things when they run out, but my makeup drawer was so overcrowded and cluttered that it occurred to me I haven't properly cleared out my makeup ever. Makeup isn't something that I can do a huge clear out/sort through with, however, because my collection isn't really that large. On the whole I use everything in my makeup drawer but I noticed that products I'd had for about a year were in dire need of replacement. My essentials such as eye liner, foundation, mascara, kohl pencil, lipstick etc were very overdue for a replacement and I also thought it was about time that I tried some new products. So, I went out and got myself some new makeup - and here's my Mini High Street Beauty Haul!

Benefit They're Real Mascara £9.50 (large £19.50) - I've gone through quite a few mascaras over the years and the one mascara that I've been constantly using recently has been my Lancome mascara that came in a gift set. I couldn't find the link on the Boots website for the smaller sized Benefit mascara which is what I've purchased above so I've linked the larger sized mascara for you instead in case you fancied purchasing it yourself! The reason I decided to buy this mascara is because it has had so much love over the past few years that I was quite appalled with myself for not purchasing it sooner. I bought the smaller sized mascara because I actually prefer smaller size mascaras - I think they stay fresher and are super handy for popping into your makeup bag or throwing in your clutch on a night out. I've been using this mascara for a few days now so I'm not going to give you any opinions so far because I don't feel like I've trialled it enough yet but I will be posting a review when I've used it for a longer period of time and have become more familiar with the product.

Soap & Glory Supernude Colour Fabulipstick Powedercoat Matte Lipstick £9.00 - I reviewed this lipstick last year when I first tried out this fabulous product. This lipstick is definitely one of my favourites and I absolutely adore it in the shade 'Supernude'. I'd run out of my lipstick after practically using it everyday and it was definitely time to re-purchase it.

Soap & Glory Wonderbronze Shimmer Brick £11.00 - After using my YSL bronzer to the point where it is now practically non-existent, I decided it was time to invest my money in something else and a little more subtle. This Soap & Glory Wonderbronze Shimmer Brick was perfect and after swatching it on the tester provided at the Boots Store, I decided it was just what I was after - a perfect blend of honey toned bronzers that would give me a slight gleam into the upcoming Autumnal season.

Natural Collection Light Cover-up Cream £1.99 - After reading countless, raving reviews about this Cover-Up Cream for a mere £1.99, I whipped this straight off the shelf and put it into my basket without a second thought. This has now been part of my everyday makeup collection since I bought it and I have to say I am absolutely loving it. Again, I won't make an official comment yet, but will continue to use it to develop a better opinion of it, so look out because I'm sure a positive review is soon to come for this product!

Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl Pencil £5.00 - Having used gel and liquid eyeliner for a couple of years, I thought I'd go back to my roots and return to using pencil liner for a different look. A little bit obsessed with the Soap and Glory make-up stand as you can see, I picked up this eyeliner on the spur of the moment and having naturally super watery eyes their 'waterproof' claims are what made me whip it off the shelf and take a chance.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black £6.00 - As you can see, my mini haul was a bit Soap & Glory inspired - I loved their makeup and perhaps their creative packaging a little too much. Although I wanted to retry Kohl pencil, I definitely need a liquid liner because I'd been using one for the past few years. I've been re-purchasing Rimmel London's Exaggerate Eyeliner for as long as I can remember and I don't actually remember what I used to use before I got my mitts on that product. So, time for a change, I also took a chance on this Supercat Eyeliner Pen by Soap & Glory - I haven't read any reviews on this product yet but like all the other new products that I have purchased in this haul, I will be publishing a review as soon as I know whether or not I love the products.

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Blur and Brighten Crayon £6.00 - Desperate to purchase some form of a highlighter, I came across this Blur and Brighten Crayon when on my endless browse at the Soap & Glory makeup counter. Intrigued and desperate to try it, I purchased this product on the spur of the moment in the hope that it will do exactly what it says and 'brighten' and highlight areas of my face for a more finished and defined makeup look.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation £4.99 - I will definitely be reviewing this foundation because I have been using it along side my Max Factor Whipped Creme foundation for quite some time. My Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation review has been the most popular blog post that I have ever done and since I have published it there hasn't been a week where it hasn't been in my 'top read' posts of the week. Therefore, I want to review this foundation because I honestly think it's fantastic - so keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming review!


So there's my Mini High Street Beauty Haul! All these things were essentials and have updated my makeup bag and refreshed my makeup - it's out with the old and in with the new!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig