Monday, 6 October 2014

California Style Inspired Outfit Ideas

Welcome October! October is the month where I start downing thousands of Starbucks' Pumpkin Spices, start fantasising about how much better Halloween would be if I could actually carve pumpkins and where I start enjoying the High Street stores even more as their A/W14 collections are well under way. However, this October, while I'm still enjoying my numerous intakes of Pumpkin Spices, I am also excited about another factor - my California holiday! Last week I posted a collection of my California outfit inspirations (if you haven't read that already, click here and you can give it a read!). Inspired by browsing these cool outfits and being super excited about my Cali holiday, I've put together some California style inspired outfit ideas in this blog post. All outfits are from the High Street which mean they are affordable (something we all like to hear) and stylish. So, if you are a 'wannabe' Californian girl, take some inspo from these ideas!

I love the edginess in this outfit that is made elegant with the flared midi-skirt. Inspired by the image I found on a Pinterest browse, I put together my own version of this to-die-for outfit ensemble. I tried to pick edgy pieces but to overcome a 'rock' 80's look by adding pastels to the outfit. I think the colour adds an eye-catching quality to the outfit and also softens the harsher black elements of it. The slight colour clash with the navy and black wouldn't be a colour choice that I would usually pair together, but I thought that it worked really well with the edgy Cali vibe that I was trying to achieve! I would definitely wear this outfit on a day-to-day basis when in one of my more fashion-courageous moods! I think this outfit is flirty and fun with a tough edge to it with the addition of stiletto boots and leather accessories. 

 photo source: pinterest




1. Topshop Textured Faux Leather Biker Jacket  £58.00
2. Topshop Centre Stage Boots by CJG £150.00 
3. New Look Black V Neck and Back Crop Top £3.00 
4. Missguided Alia Oversized Envelope Clutch Bag Black £14.99
5. River Island Light Blue Satin Box Pleat Midi Skirt £60.00 


This is the perfect outfit for nearly all occasions. The returned trend of the 'Jeans n' Blazer' can easily be adapted into this comfy option of leggings and a blazer, paired with a super cosy jumper. I've opted for high heels with this look to keep the outfit 'dressy' but you could simply dress this outfit down with ballet pumps or ankle boots to complete the look. I love the return of the blazer, I think it adds a classy and chic element to your outfit, giving it a very tailored finish. If you wanted to accessorise this outfit, simply add a long necklace - but remember the simpler the better, fussy accessorising will make this simplistic outfit too messy. I've opted for no accessories because I think that accessories are a bit risky for over dramatising the simplistic nature of the outfit. I love the effortless look of this outfit which makes it a versatile outfit for nearly all occasions. 

photo source: pinterest






1. H&M Figure Fit Jacket £24.99 
2. Topshop Amped Up Sandals by CJG £130.00 
3. River Island Beige High Waisted Leggings £22.00 
4. Topshop Knitted Rib Texture Jumper £38.00 


I love the super casual look to this Cali style inspired look. I think this is the perfect outfit for day-to-day wear, made chic and stylish with minimal accessories and a plain colour palette. 

photo source: pinterest




1. New Look Tall Blue Roll Sleeve Denim Shirt £17.99 
2. River Island Black Croc Panel Metal Heel Court Shoes £75.00
3. New Look Black Leather-Look High Waist Leggings £12.99 
4. Topshop Borg Faux Fur Sweat £28.00 
5. Boohoo Una Chunky Fastening Bangle £6.00 

I can't wait to be surrounded by these Cali fashionistas and I will definitely be taking some holiday snaps to upload to my blog! What's your favourite Cali inspired look? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig