Saturday, 10 January 2015

January / What's On My Wish Lists

A New Year, a new collection of clothes! While I've got some New Year's resolutions, I also have every intention of expanding my wardrobe and being sensible in what items I choose. I want every purchase I make to be an investment. I want each item in my wardrobe to be transferrable to different seasons and to adapt to multiple trends. After looking through my wardrobe, I realised that I had a whole collection of clothes that I had bought and worn once or twice and a handful that I have worn non-stop. It's those non-stop items that I want to be collecting. It's out with the old and in with the new this year. Although I won't be undergoing a massive clothes clear out, I will be taking these unused clothes and adapting them to my 2015 wardrobe. The clothes that I haven't been wearing for so long will now become part of my everyday wear and showcased amongst the newer 2015 trends. I've been blogging for two years now and on New Year's Eve I always get nostalgic because it was then when I spontaneously started this blog. For as long as I have been blogging, I have always created 'wish lists'. On these wish lists I gather together the fashion and beauty items that I am obsessing over monthly. Whether this is a healthy task for me mentally, is debatable, as I then obsess even further and write about the things that I currently can't afford. However, each month they prove to be popular posts so they continue to be a regular monthly special. 
2015 will be no different. I will be uploading my monthly wish lists and sharing the things that I love.  With intentions to blog even more this year, my blog will be stuffed with even more fashion - so keep your eyes peeled! But for now, here are my January wish lists...

1. New Look Shell Pink Wool Mix Wide Collard Coat £30.00 - Coats are an essential for anyone living in the UK. All of our seasons (yes, even Summer) feature rain. Therefore, surely you can never have enough coats? I love this Shell Pink Wool coat from New Look. It's pretty, girly and although not really a rain coat, will definitely keep the wintery chill out. Obsessing over pastels ever since they entered our wardrobes last S/S, my pastel addiction continues to grow - making the choice of this coat a no-brainer.

2. Topshop Dinosaur Print Loungewear Sweater £28.00 - Quirky, colourful and a little bit odd - the recipe for the perfect item of clothing to join my 2015 wardrobe. I'm not a particular fan of dino's and rejoice at their extinction, but who can deny anything neon coloured and quirky? I certainly can't.

3. River Island Grey Ribbed Racer Crop Top £10.00 - This simple Racer Crop Top from River Island would be perfect for any outfit. Versatile and great for layering with scarves and coats, a Crop Top is trans-seasonal and can be worn with almost anything. Perhaps not the most riveting choice for my wish lists but certainly a fashion investment. Take a leaf out of Kylie Jenner and Hailey Baldwin's book and embrace the crop tops because they are so 'in'. Paired with ripped jeans and a leather jacket; achieve the rock-girl, chic look effortlessly!

4. Topshop Vinyl A-Line Skirt £42.00 - I don't have anything like this currently in my wardrobe (this isn't out of choice I just don't possess anything of the sort). I love the boldness of the colour - it would be perfect for colour blocking or paired with a patterned tee for a striking look. This A-Line skirt could be worn with casual wear or evening wear making it versatile and yet another good investment!

5. Accessorize Round Ceramic Long Pendant Necklace £16.00 - Accessories are a must for almost every outfit. This Ceramic Long Pendant is quite bohemian, giving an earthy vibe to your day-to-day looks.

6. New Look Stone Lock Backpack £24.99 - I don't think I've ever seen a backpack as chic as this. Daintly, girly and practical - fashion picks up all of your day-to-day needs with this Stone Lock Backpack. What makes it even better? The pink pastel colour, of course!

1. Ted Baker Montone Large Bow Wash Bag £29.00 - Ok, yes, the obsession for Ted Baker Wash Bags has been transferred into the New Year but they're just so gorgeously patent and there are bows - who can deny bows?

2. Dior Diorific High Fashion Lipstick £27.50 - I haven't tried Dior's Diorific Lipstick range and I am ever so keen to try them out. I am a major fan of lipsticks with a personal collection that's forever growing. Dear Dior, you are the next chosen one.

3. Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow White Sand £20.70 - After putting Bobbi Brown on countless wish lists, I am determined that 2015 will be the year that I finally purchase one of her products. Renowned for fantastic makeup, I know that Bobbi Brown won't disappoint.

4. Dior Diorific Vernis Nail Varnish £19.80 - With the most beautiful Nail Varnish bottle I have ever seen, this Diorific Vernis Nail Varnish is expensive but so pretty to look at the price is almost ok...

5. Urban Decay Naked Skin Illuminated Powder Compact £19.80 - I am in love with my Estee Lauder Shimmer Powder that I got in America (blog post soon!) and I've had so many compliments that my makeup is looking better since I've been using it that I am keen to try other Shimmering powders because they frankly work wonders. Without looking like a sparkling fairy, this Illuminated Powder Compact by Urban Decay has had so many positive reviews that I am keen to try it out. Giving your face definition and a hint of shimmer, I'm hoping this powder could be my next star find...

6. Benefit Benetint £24.50 - A friend of mine had one of these Benetint products from Benefit and I was so impressed that I had to stick it on this wish list. With a few drops of this on your lips, you have tinted red lips - no hassle, just easy colour in a matter of seconds! The overall finish is quite matte but it is also very natural looking. If you want a bit of colour on your lips for school, this is definitely the product to buy!

7. Rimmel Provocalips Lip Colour £6.99 - Rimmel London do the best lip glosses ever. They are nourishing and so glossy without that overbearing stickiness! I am so keen to try their fairly new Provocalips range in a few of the tempting colours - hopefully I'll be owning some of these soon!

So there you have it - my first wish list of 2015! What are you obsessing over this month?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig