Wednesday, 20 January 2016

I Am Thankful For...


This post isn't really very original. I have to admit, I have seen it floating around the 'blogging realms' for a while now. But, I absolutely love reading them! Just after I finished reading the one hundredth post, I thought - 'what am I thankful for?'....



I am thankful for...

- My family - not only do I share my DNA with this handful of humans, but I also share and receive enough love to drown in. I am thankful for my family because they are my number one supporters. Whatever decision I make - my family supports. They listen, they understand - I would be lost without them. I cannot even describe how thankful I am for my family. It is not something I take for granted because I know how lucky I am to have such a supportive team of lovely beings around me at all times.

- My puppies - just to clarify, these puppies are fluffy, they woof and they're called 'dogs' - they're certainly 'not stuffed-in-your-bra' kind of puppies...I love my little pets so much. I am thankful that they are in my life. They fill me with endless joy and although I jump out of my skin and hit the ceiling every time they yap and bark at the ants that pass by outside - I know they are also my feisty little protecters (who at the same time, couldn't scare a flea).

- The food on my plate - I am thankful for the food that is prepared by my 'Mama'. I should be making my own meals at the age that I am (and don't worry - I certainly can be self-sufficient when survival calls) but for now, Mum likes making me my feasts. I'm eating clean and I feel good. I am thankful for each meal and for the healthy benefits my diet is giving me.

- My clothes - I have an extortionate amount of clothes. It is shocking and definitely unnecessary. However, every penny that I have ever owned has either gone towards clothes or food. I am thankful that I've been able to fill my wardrobe with clothes that I love and treasure. I realise that in the grand scheme of things, clothes and material are not important but I'm grateful for them nevertheless.

- My 'clear' skin - I touched on this in a recent blog post which you can read here, but I am thankful that I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I still have the occasional, gross spot, but I am happy that I can look in the mirror and be confident with what I see. I don't want to sound 'full of myself' because I'm certainly not under any delusion that I am an angelic vision sent from the heavens above.  I am just happy and thankful that the skin that I have is finally clear, unlocking a confidence that was trapped for so long.

- Art - Art in all forms is inspiring and always leaves me influenced and provokes thought. I like art in the form of videos, pictures, literature, landscapes - you name it - I'm inspired. Recently I've been really investing time into my creative side, using energy that gets locked up sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life. I think the changes you are seeing on my blog are a reflection of this. I am constantly inspired and encouraged by people who fully embrace their creativity on an extensive level. My creative side has always been a prominent part of who I am, but taking time to sit down and 'bond' with it has been really important to me recently. I am thankful that I have been given the time to do this.

- Security - I have security within my home and my 'team of supporters' (a.k.a family and friends). I am thankful for the never-ending security I feel within my home and for the people I surround myself with.

These are only a few things I am thankful for obviously. There are so many that I haven't mentioned - I am thankful for a lot. These are just things that popped into my head within the ten minute writing space of this post.

I think it's a healthy thing to do to stop and realise that life is actually pretty awesome. Take a few minutes and remind yourself of all the good things, which hopefully, outweigh the bad.

What are you thankful for? 


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig