Friday, 18 November 2016

WHY I'M BACK TO BLOGGING AFTER 9 MONTHS

I've decided to try and keep this post short and sweet. Realistically it will probably cause your scrolling finger to cramp in 'scrolling position' on the mouse while you frantically try to decipher my ramble. In that case, I won't be held responsible for cases of Repetitive Strain Injury (which is a relatively painful thing, by the way). Any Tumblr or Blogging junky will tell you that after a long session of browsing/being creative, you can rarely feel your fingers. In fact, your finger has probably been cramped into a Captain Hook-esque device. But anyway, basically I'm back - hi.

I will struggle to descriptively map-out my past nine months without creating a two-hundered page autobiography. So, with that in mind, I will just briefly outline each event, then move on and then proceed with why I have made my return to blogging. 

9 MONTHS OF ME 




I got a job and worked relentlessly at a night-club for four long months of my life. 

Shortly after the 'blogging break' began, any sense of a break otherwise was terminated. I got my first 'proper job' (as blogging was always a self-employed, let's have a ball kind of situation). I barely slept, got a whole new understanding of the meaning of eye bags and came to hate all clubs and drunk people. It's all fun and games, until someone plastered in wrinkles with grey hairs sprouting out of their nose hits on you daily. I also didn't see daylight ever - my shifts were on average 6pm-5am. Sleep all day, party work all night. 

I went to America, came home and then went to America again.

After quitting my job at one of the busiest nightclubs in my area, I decided to have some fun. Because girls really do just want to have fu-un. I went to L.A. and felt fabulous. I drank green juice and radiated from the constant sunlight. I went to the Kardashians' Dash store and couldn't afford a thing but I'm pretty sure Kendall Jenner whizzed past in her car as I walked down the sidewalk (yeah, I'm basically an LA natural). I enjoyed my time very much. 

Then, I flew home and flew back to America, to Colorado. A family house is out there and I had a zen experience. To say the house is in the wilderness is a massive understatement. One peaceful night, I glanced outside my bedroom window only to come face to face with a black bear. Just the window glass separated me and the bear. I crept back into bed and let the bear be, while I quivered under my bed clothes and listened to the countless cricket noises (or at least, I think they were crickets..). I didn't have any internet and the nearest civilisation point was twenty minutes' drive away. It was one of my most treasured experiences. 

Two days after I landed back in the UK, I went to University for a week and then dropped out. 

This is the most recent event and one of the hardest and easiest things I've had to do. Last year, I applied to do English Literature at University. Why? Because I thought that it was the best thing to do for my future. It seemed like a 'sensible' option. I had always excelled at English, was capable of doing it and I enjoyed it at school. It seemed like a good concoction of reasons despite my gut knowing that I didn't want to do it. But, I went for it. After all, I'd already taken an unplanned gap year due to medical reasons and I didn't want to 'waste time'. Fast forward to September - I'm sat on the campus bed at one of the UK's top Universities, crying on the phone to my Mum, my sister and my best friends. I felt like I had trapped myself in an educational prison. I knew I'd made a mistake the second I sat down in the lecture theatre. I wasn't doing what I wanted. The worst part about the whole experience was that I knew all along. English wasn't for me. My passion was elsewhere and I left University after my first week was over. The decision was emotional but I have absolutely no regrets. It's the most confident decision that I have ever made. The most important lesson that I learnt from the whole 'ordeal' was that I am in control of my life decisions and my happiness. From now on, I won't be embarking on anything without passion and confidence and that all important happy 'gut-feeling'. When it's right, it's right.

 The now...

At the moment, I am doing bits of acting, writing and self-educating. I am combining all the things I love and spending my days doing it. I am back at home for the moment and I am OK with that. I chose to be back and I have a plan for the future which involves a creative degree in something I love. The saying, 'You never know what the future holds' is wholeheartedly true. 

and why I'm back...

I am simply back to blogging because I enjoy it. The posts that I will be writing will mainly be lifestyle, fashion and arts focused. My posts will take the form of long or short snippets of my thoughts or alternatively will be solely photographic. Basically, I'm claiming my blog back. This dusty little webspace of mine is being revived - begone tumbleweeds! Welcome, I hope you'll get cosy. 




Share:

1 comment

  1. Ahhh welcome back! And go you for dropping out of uni - do whatever makes you happy! Can't wait to read more posts from you. I'm relaunching my blog in a couple of weeks so watch out for it here - thatsoundslikesophie.blogspot.co.uk xoxo

    ReplyDelete

© I Blog The Fashion | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig