If you follow me on Twitter then you’ll know that this blog
post has been the most troublesome blog post possible. I had finished the whole
post, ready to hit the publish button when I tried a keyboard shortcut that
deleted the WHOLE post. Pictures, words, everything. I’ve never truly hated/loathed technology
before but at that moment I couldn’t have been more angry at my mocking
laptop..Seriously I swear it’s still smiling at me. I’ve learnt my lesson and
please take my advice when I say, SAVE EVERYTHING and BACK IT UP as you go
along, I wish I had!! After trying to get it back doing everything humanly
possible I failed miserably. So here it goes for the second time…
It’s been too long since I sat down at this desk and blogged
for all of you readers. I missed a whole week's worth of posts – this is a sad time for
me. I decided that I’d fill you in on what happened to me last week during my absence, so here it
goes;
Things that happened since the last time I blogged:
1. I went on holiday, a short one at that but a
holiday. I hadn’t been on a holiday in 3 years so it was great to leave my
house and get away for a bit. Because I hadn’t been on holiday for a while I’d
also forgotten how to pack, so I ended up taking my whole entire
wardrobe, well what was inside it anyway. It was a squeeze admittedly and I did that whole ‘sitting on your
suitcase to be able to zip it up’ scene that you see in countless movies –
turns out it’s a technique that works and I plan on using it again. So, after
the suitcase blip I had a wonderful time and only ended up wearing a few
tracksuit bottoms that I packed for emergencies because the weather ended up
being super rainy verging on torrential with thunder storms. This made the
playsuits, shorts and crop tops I packed pretty useless, so hey that was fun!
2. I became a vegetarian. I’ve tried this a few
times before but failed miserably each time. This isn’t because I have little
willpower it’s simply because I was literally just not eating meat (which you’d
expect from a vegetarian of course) but I didn’t replace the protein nutrient
that the meat would have given me, making me tired and in need of meat
nutrients..This time I am determined to make it work, I’ve done my research on
veggie protein replacements, stashed up on vegetables (you should see my
fridge, it looks like a forest of fruits and never ending greenery!) and I’m
loving every moment of it. If any of you have any fantastic, yummy veggie
recipes you want to share please give me and e-mail/tweet and I’ll try it out!
Even better if you could recommend some veggie cooking blogs/books!
3. I added another lipstick to my
collection..shameless I know. This lipstick however, is the BEST lipstick ever
and is my favourite of them all! More on this later!
4. I spent ALL my money (which wasn’t a lot to
start with) on a Topshop sale.. I am a sucker for a bargain…oooopsss.
5. July ended. I’m still trying to come to grips
with this one, how could July have ended already? I feel like it was yesterday
that I wrote my July wish lists and all my other posts for that matter. Time
flies when you’re having fun I suppose…Bye July, until next year yeah?
So that’s you filled in with what’s been happening in my life
for a week..moving on to the post!
A little earlier this month (sorry last month) I said that I
was going to be introducing new types of blog posts to my blog. I would like to
say that I have kept my word but I think I am a little guilty. This month,
despite it being the ‘holidays’ I haven’t blogged nearly as much as I would
have wanted to. As a result I haven’t introduced many ‘new types’ of blog
posts. BUT ALAS (Alas? No one says alas anymore I’m not quite sure where that
came from..some sort of medieval force overcame me..ahem..moving on..) this
blog post is a new type of blog post that I am introducing to my blog –
Empties!
A lot of you will
probably be aware that an ‘Empties’ style post is a post where
bloggers/vloggers talk about the products that they have used up and why they
loved/hated them. I love reading/watching these types of blog posts and
hopefully you do to because that is what I am going to be doing in this blog
post! I’ve been keeping all my used up products and stashing them away safely
so that I can ramble about them right here, on this very blog, on this very
page..
LOVED. The first product that I used up is my Dior Loose
Powder in colour 601. I literally love this powder. I’d been using a No7 powder
for a very long time, No7 is a cheaper, drugstore brand and while there is nothing
wrong with that I noticed the quality difference between the powders. My
No7 powder was a faithful little compact powder which I used up, it wasn’t a
loose powder like this Dior one but it was a pressed powder. I really liked my
No7 powder and it was so handy (literally) for popping into my handbag when I
was out and about. In comparison the Dior packaging was so cumbersome and clumsy
that I would never trust it inside my bag for the fear of the lid flinging off when I forgot to screw the lid on all the way and powder making a grand escape all over my bag (I speak from experience
here..). While Dior’s packaging was slightly inconvenient for out-and-about use it was perfect
for powder top-ups and for my morning makeup routine. When my No7 powder ran
out I used the Dior powder for all occasions, even in-bag situations (sellotape
for sticking down the Dior lid was a lifesaver here.) I’ll definitely miss this
product. I have found a cheaper replacement that I’m currently loving though so
I will be blogging about that shortly!
LOVED. TRESemme Salon Finish Hairspray has been well and
truly loved also. I will mourn this little can of hairspray (until I buy
another can of it I won’t be able to reach eternal happiness.) I bought this
little gem of a can on an emergency beauty haul before Clothes Show TV Launch
Party.. yes, that’s right, I forgot to pack hairspray on my way to an event
like that – what was I thinking? Well, clearly I wasn’t. Anyway, I was in such
a fluster I merely picked this up randomly off the hairspray shelf and darted
back to the hotel room to get ready. I
will be forever grateful that the shop I walked into had such an amazing
hairspray that turned out to be a total lifesaver that night. The can says
‘Extra Hold’ and let me just say it certainly does just that. My hair was
moulded into shape the whole night but it still had a natural flow in it which
many ‘firm hold’ hairsprays fail to provide. When I have a hairspray I want to
do its job well and hold my hair in place but minus the Tracy Turnbald
effect..motionless hair…
![]() |
| Photo taken from Google Images. Tracy from Hairspray and her motionless hair (perfect for the 60s era Trace!) |
Nina Ricci Fantasy Limited Edition 2012 Perfume - just take a moment to look at the adorable little illustrations on this bottle - so cute. Everything about this perfume was amazing, from the bottle to the actual scent. I am so sad that this was a Limited Edition, it was one of my favourite perfumes to wear and display in my room. The bottle is far too adorable to throw away so I'll be keeping this cutie for a while until I'm over my loss...*sniffle*...







No comments
Post a Comment