Last year I created 'Style Guides' for S/S14 and A/W14, showcasing some of the new trends and my favourite High Street items. This year, I thought I'd do the same! Doing it a little differently this year, I'll introduce a new trend in each blog post showcasing the trends of S/S15 in my Style Guide (as opposed to showcasing all the trends all in one blog post like last year). I also couldn't resist adding some of my favourite S/S15 Catwalk pieces into the mix. The High Street clothes that we wear are inspired by the trends that the Designers create, showcased in the Fashion Weeks. However, Designer collections aren't affordable for the majority of us, they are the 'creme-de-la-creme'..so for now, the High Street will have to do..
Violets
This ice Queen pastel is taking over the Summer Pastels. With the spectrum ranging from lavender, lilac and some richer tones, the colour violet is sure to snatch a spot in your wardrobe! I've selected my favourite Catwalk garments and how you can transfer the trends of the Catwalk into your everyday wardrobe!
A subtle hint of 'violet' introduced by Balenciaga in his S/S15 show. The textured, waterfall of fabric that hangs from the waist-down gives a Spring impression of florals and the intricate beauty of nature. Showcasing 'violet' as a pastel - take notes from Balenciaga and wear this ice-cool colour to refresh and revitalise your wardrobe. With an element of freshness and cleanliness, the dress screams purity and power. This dress was one of my S/S15 all-time favourites - crafted to fall with an air of elegance and emitting striking beauty.
This gorgeous lace, purple dress designed by Roberto Cavalli is to-die-for. Intricate, detailed and head-to-toe genius luxury, Cavalli turned heads with this stunning piece. There is no chance of finding this replica in the High Street at a small cost but take inspiration from Cavalli this S/S15 and choose items that are intricate, laced, feminine and most importantly, rich in purple tones!
Hunter Original smashed the catwalk with their violet outerwear - casual, loose but oh-so-amazing. I love the fluid movement of the fabric and how those rainy S/S days are brightened up by this uplifting pastel! Hunter Original showed Fashion Week that violet can be worn outside in the rain or inside at the hottest social event. Dress your violet the way you want to this S/S15!
Although the S/S15 trend isn't fully in swing just yet with the High Street still trying to flog all its outdated stock in the January sales, you will find a diamond in the rough if you're lucky and might just spot some new season gems. I've picked out some of my favourites from River Island and New Look who have an awesome line of new season clothes already!
I'll be posting a new S/S15 trend next week so keep your eyes peeled! Are you loving the new violet trend as much as me?





Hello!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find my post here:
http://whatchloedoes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award.html
Chloe xxx