Tiffanies? Not quite but this breakfast was a great
substitute. My Easter break means 3
weeks of relaxation and time off the rush of school life..sort of.. if you
overlook the vigorous revision schedule that is planned out for the last 2
weeks of the holiday. And so, on this
suggested ‘relaxation’ period, I decided to take a little trip down to my
Grandmother's.
One of the greatest things about visiting my
Grandma, aside from seeing her obviously, is getting to raid the wardrobes of her
house. Over the years my Nan has collected numerous clothes from numerous old
relatives, some hand-me-downs and old clothes that have been put into storage
until someone takes them out of retirement. After some sifting through the
rails, I came across this old jacket of my Mum's.
Another of the things that I came across was again, one of
my Mum’s old pieces. My Nan had knitted it for her in her teenage years, I
loved the youthful colours; happy and spring related with a homespun twist. To
make the find even better it was unique with a touch of antique..(pardon the
rhyme, not intended.)
Finally I also hunted down some jewellery, once belonging to
old Aunts, which again, I adored.
In addition to the wardrobe raiding, another plus of
visiting my Grandma’s is the fantastic home cooking. In the festivity of Easter
she decided to make one of my favourites, hot cross buns. After a few hours of
intensive labour, effort and tempting, mouth-watering smells of the rising
dough in the oven, they were finally done.
preparing the hot cross buns
Several hot cross buns later,
breakfast came and I had yet another delicious, homemade hot cross bun topped
off with comforting tea and freshly sliced bread. If the hot crossed buns
weren’t tempting enough some further home baking was done – meringue nests.
The home made meringue nests. Topped with raspberries and mini eggs!
So, with a full stomach and some vintage-style clothing that
I had adopted, I returned home happy and relaxed. It was just the sort of break
that I needed. Indulged in home comforts and spending quality time with family
that I rarely see due to the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the little
break at my Grandma’s was an escape. And I’m pretty sure breakfast at Tiffanies,
although delightful it would be, wouldn’t come close to breakfast at Grandma’s.






No comments
Post a Comment