Shoes. Shoes and more shoes! Erm – did I mention shoes?
Before you think I have gone insane and started to repeat myself, I haven’t I’m
just attempting to give you what literature calls a short ‘blurb’ about what
this article’s about – SHOES! We love them, right? I am a ‘shoeaholic’ in some
ways – I may not have a supersized collection but I do have a fair few. All
different too – some are trainers (or ‘sneakers’ for you American readers –love
it!), some are pumps, some are ankle boots and some are heels (ranging in heel
size.). But one thing that my wardrobe seems to be seriously lacking is a pair
of sculpted wedge heeled shoes.
The first time I saw
one of these beauties I had a ‘pinch me’ moment, (fortunately for me there was
no one around to pinch me unnecessarily) and an extreme desire to snap a pair
up for myself. It was in a magazine the first time I set eyes upon them in a
magazine for Chockers shoes. Immediately I whipped my phone out and searched
the web. I came across beauties. Every page I turned there seemed to be an even
more fabulous pair than the last. But, after a bit of a shopping spree sadly my
money didn’t stretch this time to buy a pair for myself. I confess, I still
haven’t managed to get round to buying a pair but nevertheless I have been
admiring them ever since we met!
After a blow up of
the sales of sculpted wedge heeled shoes and designers adapting their new
collections to sport the new creation, it struck me that these revelation style
heels are in fact not so new at all. I’m talking 400 years of not being new.
Feast your eyes on a 1600 fashion shoe.
A venetian chopine
overshoe.
This shoe has in
fact got the exact same detail that I love about Chockers and many other
brands, the sculpted wedge heel. Look at the height, the purposeful angle of
the heel and the extreme platform! This shoe might be 400 years of age but what
has changed? Ok, so the front of the heel differs being inwardly angled and we
wouldn’t quite wear a plimsoll-style shoe to pair the heel with but update it a
few hundred years and you have our phenomenon – the sculpted wedge heel!
With limited
resources and little development on the ‘fashion’ section of their lives, women
certainly knew how to rock high fashion! Thankfully shoes have become more
versatile and detailed – with splashes of colour, studded detail, prints
varying from animal-retro and textures, our shoes have the edge.
So, for those of you
sitting there smugly reading this whilst wearing your pair of sculpted wedge
heels, just remember where they came from!




No comments
Post a Comment