When the French word ‘faux pas’ is used I will happily
provide the explanation, for it is one of the few French words that I actually
know. I know this particular phrase because I can relate to it, my encounters
with fashion faux pas may be more a list than a brief encounter and it was on
my recent de-clutter regime of my bedroom that I came across another ‘faux pas’
item. Scrambling through my messy, disorganized wardrobe, in a heap amongst the
vast mess, lay my newly discovered faux pas.
My baseball cap from when I was 7, adored and faithfully worn throughout
my childhood years. What’s wrong with a baseball cap you ask? Absolutely nothing.
But this one has the addition of some of Disney’s most treasured characters;
Goofy, Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck etc.. Take a sigh of relief
because this little baseball cap hasn’t been worn for many years..until now!
My initial reaction
to the hat was –‘ What are you still doing there?!’. Admittedly I thought that
I had parted with the hat a long time ago on one of my regular clear-outs, but
there seemed to be some reason why I had held onto it for all these years..
This faux pas cap isn’t just any old faux pas item, unlike others I won’t rush
to get rid of it in embarrassment, or try and hide the fact that I ever owned
it.. Oh no, this baseball cap is a friendly fashion faux pas, one that I would
happily re-encounter. Is it high fashion? Ehm, no. But one thing my baseball
cap has that many other fashion faux pas items lack, is happy, nostalgic
memories that I will never let go of. And so, I’m repelling normality and
wearing my fashion faux pas…
Plus don't forget to check out I Blog The Fashion on Polyvore!
No comments
Post a Comment